Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage

I’ve had one of every Bloodthirster model GW have made. This is my favourite to date.

Assembly wasn’t the nightmare I had feared and I left the armour off until everything else was painted.

Worked on the armour to try some metallic shades I had not used before. I am pleased with how they came out.

Might come back to the base. Not that happy with it…

Next up An’ggrath who has brought unfettered destruction to the Imperium, with countless worlds falling beneath his axe.

Bloodletters

I decided to increase the size of my Bloodletter units from 8 to 10. Having 40 means I can always have 5 squads of 8 if needed.

When the new ones turned up it became clear GW had rebased them all up from 25mm to 32mm. Sensible as they were pretty unstable on the small bases. But it meant I had 36 Bloodletters on the wrong bases sizes.

Rebased the lot. This time using some popin adapters that had been 3d printed – much better that the two part adapters I imported from the USA.

All done with movement trays and they came out well. I bought a Bloodmaster Herald of Khorne model too and freed up another older model to use as a Skulltaker. Gives me some options if I need to have a couple of characters to use as well if needed for future Army lists.

Bloodletters

After a fair bit of procrastination I finally finished the Bloodletters that I had been putting off for months. Quite enjoyed them once I got into it.

This was about adding a further 16 of these Lesser Daemons into the Khornate part of the army.

There was some repetition of model, but when I built them up I did try to avoid that and the effort seems to have paid off as they all look quite unique.

Amassed there are now 40 Bloodletters in total. I think that I have one of every model every produced, although not some of these that were available as parts of other kits or as Heralds of Khorne etc. Need to leave some room for expansion…

Need to work on some tactics to get this horde of trouble into close combat so they can do the business…

Lots of sharp things…

…and teeth!

So now the Bloodletters are done, it’s time to get into the Flesh Hounds…

Bloodletter Update

All of the Bloodletters had a good soak to get the old paint off. After that it was clean up time, removing casting flash and seam marks, pinning and gluing them together and basing them up.

A few repairs were needed and I had to scratch build and entire body for this one. They’re now all primed up and ready for paint.

I also bought a new base for this very classic Juggernaut figure:

Lesser Daemons Part 1

Probably picked up some of these Bloodletters back in the mid-1980s. I think they’re just cracking figures. I’ve picked up all the different variants that have come out since but as I expand this unit including the new plastic ones which are the closest to the original ethic so far. When I saw these come up I. decided to pick up some more.

Paint looked nice from afar but was far from nice. I’ll not be winning a golden demon award anytime soon but I think I can do better than this:

Time for them to take a bath in acid. In the Warhammer universe they’d probably like that.

Work in Progress

The legs are made out of ballpoint pen tubes. The upper legs are a sheraton.com hotel chain pen (picked up on a business trip). These pens are dual core construction in that there is a shiny white outer and a blue inner. This means that not so much green stuff is needed to infill the tube so that it is snug around the wire.

The lower legs were from an anti-crime campaign the local police were running and was a freebie. The tube is quite thick (2mm) but soft plastic that is easier to work with in terms of sculpting (it has a high ketones content so you get that smell of pear-drops when you cut it up). The knee guards are made from stock 2mm thick plasticard that is softened up by a lot of bending around the handles on my jewellers files before being glued in place.

I think I have spend about 4 hours on this at the moment.

Stage 4…

I need to sand down the greenstuff added last night next and decide how to progress next. I am now waiting from a bits order from GW which I placed last night (so they’re at least 8 days away) which includes the head and some other bits for the base. This gives me a couple of options on what to do in the meantime, including more greenstuff on the arms, right hand and shoulders, adding details to the legs and working out how to do the feet and what they’re going to be like. Current thoughts are raptor like claws or marine boots…

I spent about another two hours on this tonight. A bit more work on the arms, but most of the work went into the legs and a little on the Kai gun, with an addition of a battery pack.

The upper legs (thighs) seem a bit long at the moment, but that’s because I haven’t done any work on the waist and groin area yet. There’s a plan for this, but I need to do some more work elsewhere on the model first.

Off on a business trip for a couple of days now…

Daemon Prince WIP

I’ve become a bit bored of repainting recently so over the weekend I put a bit more time into the Daemon Prince I’m working on. As the 19th Company is a basically some Night Lords who follow Khorne, this miniature can take reference from both spheres of influence. He’s going to have some scratch built Raptor style jump packs hence the dynamic pose. Not much to show at the moment, but here’s where things are up to.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Looking fairly rough at the moment and it’s hard to see the pose at the moment, but bear with me on this…

Spent a bit of time working with the green stuff tonight. Here’s the result:

And a scale comparison: