When I created this one I did wonder if the head proportions worked with it being an older metal part, but with a bit of green stuff I think it has worked out okay.
On reflection, the skin tone needs to be paler. Maybe I’ll do some work to address that and take some better photos.
The chainglaive wielding, jump pack equipped character will lead a squad of similarly equipped marines.
In all pretty happy with this one so far, but will undoubtedly do some more work on him.
I’m on the fence with the parade / dress uniform winged helms. This one was already painted when I picked up the model so I’ve only made a few changes to make it fall in line with the 19th.
The Skull Reapers shun the crimson red wings of their brothers in other companies within the fallen chapter.
The new Chaos Space Marine figures have been out for a while now and I thought it’d be good to add a few into the ranks of the 19th Company. Here’s the first half of a new 10 man squad.
I’ve been reading the Night Lords omnibus courtesy of the Black Library recently so will take some inspiration from this in making the squad a diverse mixture of armour types.
There’s a further 10 man squad of the new figures in base coat and another 10 on the way via a Shadowspear boxed set.
I bought some more of the Epic Armageddon ruins and with silicon moulds and epoxy resin cast some up to create more modular ruins from Adeptus Titanicus building on the earlier ones.
On a recommendation from Luke Fellows at Luke’s APS of YouTube fame, I placed an order with CFS. It arrived within 12 hours which is fantastic service. It turns out 1kg of 25 shore RTV Silicon only makes a few moulds as building sections take a lot of it, and I learned quite a bit in the process, mostly with parts floating up as the silicon set, needing a bit of experimentation with getting them to stick to the ceramic tile. Hot glue gun failed. Plasticene worked. I had plenty of resin, so once I had good moulds, casting lot’s of sections wasn’t an issue.
The brittle nature of the resin worked well for shattered stone work. Cast it, then break with your fingers. I did think I might need to use a rubber mallet and a block of wood, but didn’t need to in the end.
Bit more work needed to perfect the casting techniques, but I am happy with the first experiments. Oh, I should point out all of the windows needed cutting out using a needle point tungsten carbide bit in the Dremel. Wear a high grade dust mask filter like this JSP one which is my preferred choice.
When Forgeworld announced the were doing a final production run on the chaos renegades I snapped a load up which have been sat in blister packs ever since:
Having decided it was time to remedy this situation I have finally assembled them all and started painting them up. Here’s the command squad:
Plus the Enforcer squad:
I need to find the rules for the enforcers, but they’re a good looking squad.
This squad came up on the Bay of E and was a proper bargain, really well painted too:
I liked the idea of the heavy weapons team, so I’ve bought another three gun team units to convert and paint up too.
I’ve also managed to get my final 10 man squad of renegades into base coat so will get them finished off soon.
I decided to make all of my 8 marine squads up to 10 so have started adding to the ranks. Here’s a couple more Assault squad troops.
That took far too long as I have been spending time working on the eldest son’s Bad Moon Orks and the youngest’s Blood Angels, but finally finished the 5th Night Lord Havoc for the new squad