After the game, I think that there are a few things I’d change, but here’s a pic of the army I took.
The Bloodthirster is just a gun magnet and degrades too quickly even with the Armour of Scorn with a 6+ feel no pain. I’d take a Daemon Prince with wings and more Bloodletters or a different fast attack squad.
On that basis I’ve built some Furies and will try some of them, plus a few more to bulk out other units. Further post to follow.
The legs are made out of ballpoint pen tubes. The upper legs are a sheraton.com hotel chain pen (picked up on a business trip). These pens are dual core construction in that there is a shiny white outer and a blue inner. This means that not so much green stuff is needed to infill the tube so that it is snug around the wire.
The lower legs were from an anti-crime campaign the local police were running and was a freebie. The tube is quite thick (2mm) but soft plastic that is easier to work with in terms of sculpting (it has a high ketones content so you get that smell of pear-drops when you cut it up). The knee guards are made from stock 2mm thick plasticard that is softened up by a lot of bending around the handles on my jewellers files before being glued in place.
I think I have spend about 4 hours on this at the moment.
I need to sand down the greenstuff added last night next and decide how to progress next. I am now waiting from a bits order from GW which I placed last night (so they’re at least 8 days away) which includes the head and some other bits for the base. This gives me a couple of options on what to do in the meantime, including more greenstuff on the arms, right hand and shoulders, adding details to the legs and working out how to do the feet and what they’re going to be like. Current thoughts are raptor like claws or marine boots…
I spent about another two hours on this tonight. A bit more work on the arms, but most of the work went into the legs and a little on the Kai gun, with an addition of a battery pack.
The upper legs (thighs) seem a bit long at the moment, but that’s because I haven’t done any work on the waist and groin area yet. There’s a plan for this, but I need to do some more work elsewhere on the model first.
Off on a business trip for a couple of days now…
I’ve become a bit bored of repainting recently so over the weekend I put a bit more time into the Daemon Prince I’m working on. As the 19th Company is a basically some Night Lords who follow Khorne, this miniature can take reference from both spheres of influence. He’s going to have some scratch built Raptor style jump packs hence the dynamic pose. Not much to show at the moment, but here’s where things are up to.
Looking fairly rough at the moment and it’s hard to see the pose at the moment, but bear with me on this…
Spent a bit of time working with the green stuff tonight. Here’s the result:
And a scale comparison: