The previous Lightbox I had was a Samtian one that I bought at the end of October last year. Unfortunately the power pack failed at the end of May turning everything into a disco with random power spikes and fluctuations in lighting.
Amazon did a refund credit note so I paid a bit more for a larger 40″ square one from ESDDI. It’s better because:
- The LEDs are built into the ceiling panel with internal cable routing.
- The diffuser sheet is velcro’d in under the lights so is super easy fit
- The backing sheets are also velcro mounted with tabs in the corners. No more duck tape needed.
- It has a stowaway pouch for storing the dimmer module and power lead.
- It’s bigger! Obviously in form, but also in the aperture for shooting through!
Still changing some settings and experimenting…