I have five of these Dreadclaws to paint up this is the first. The others were in a bad state and were sent off to Renew Models for vapour blasting and have just come back so no excuses now not to get these finished!
Again custom decals developed for these and pretty pleased with how they have worked out.
Might look at trying some weathering powders on some later models, but I am also painting up two drop pods for the Blood Angels using zenithal methods so we will see what a difference that makes too.
Eight Legion, C Battallion, 19th Company, Anvillus Dreadclaw No. 3
I am going to develop the grey and blue theme on the armoured vehicles as they seem to complement each other well.
I have a lot of vehicles to paint up but wasn’t really very pleased with efforts on armour from last year. My wife bought me an Element Games painting course with David Soper for earlier this year but due to COVID-19 it never happened so I have had a go.
I also had a go at making some Skull Reapers company graphics. Pretty pleased with the artwork to reality concept, but need to work on the application and varnishing stages with later models.
Suitably adorned with icons of terror, death and gore. Oh and chains.
Magnetised the Bolter turrets so that they can be positioned too.
Think that the weathering worked okay. May try some more rust and weathering powder effects on later models,
Grimdark justice in a Banksy style. I took inspiration from WW2 US Army Corp vehicle markings. This one translates as Troop Transport, Eight Legion, C Battalion, 19th Company Tank, 1st Rhino. Produced by Mondus Occulum Forge on Mars in M30.
I’ve fancied getting some field artillery into the arsenal of the Skull Reapers to provide some means of softening up the enemy prior to assault for some time. This was base coated in black when I bought it and should be a fitting addition to the ranks now it’s painted up.
I developed a new monotone version of the company’s chapter icon. I’ve tried different means of embedding this on models over recent months and wanted to try something new for vehicles.
I enjoyed painting this one as the models had some really dynamic poses.
There were also some nice details such as on they handheld scanner which were good to pick out.
So I’ve taken photos of all of my painted Dreadnoughts. The new word for these is Hellbrutes, but they’re the same thing. There are some classic chaos units here. Most of the ones below are from the Castraferrum Pattern.
This was a Forgeworld pattern resin model although I think that the heavy plasma armament may have been off a metal model.
The head on this one was really well done and adds greatly to the model. I’m please with how the spike on the back of the power fist came out.
This ranged attack mode was a great sculpt and I still like it a lot.
Every time I look at these photos I think that I could come back and do a bit more work on all of the figures. For example, drill out the smoke grenade launchers on the top of this one’s carapace.
I think the contrast of the green missile tips works really well on this one.
This Furibundus Pattern dreadnought is heavily converted fro the original model but was done so purposefully to add in some bulk and proportion.
The more modern arms are far more fitting but there was always something very chaotic about the original body
More mass up to meant a need for bigger feet…
This is the model that probably needs most work. The head is too small and needs a custom sculpt to work like the Forgeworld one.
I’ve been practicing my heat effect on metal barrels and think this one came out okay.
The power flail had been robbed for bits previously so has been rebuilt using alternative blades…