I’ve had one of every Bloodthirster model GW have made. This is my favourite to date.
Assembly wasn’t the nightmare I had feared and I left the armour off until everything else was painted.
Worked on the armour to try some metallic shades I had not used before. I am pleased with how they came out.
Might come back to the base. Not that happy with it…
Next up An’ggrath who has brought unfettered destruction to the Imperium, with countless worlds falling beneath his axe.
Traitor Marines with miniguns, just had to have them.
Even if the weapon stats are a bit naff, enjoyed painting these up.
I decided to increase the size of my Bloodletter units from 8 to 10. Having 40 means I can always have 5 squads of 8 if needed.
When the new ones turned up it became clear GW had rebased them all up from 25mm to 32mm. Sensible as they were pretty unstable on the small bases. But it meant I had 36 Bloodletters on the wrong bases sizes.
Rebased the lot. This time using some popin adapters that had been 3d printed – much better that the two part adapters I imported from the USA.
All done with movement trays and they came out well. I bought a Bloodmaster Herald of Khorne model too and freed up another older model to use as a Skulltaker. Gives me some options if I need to have a couple of characters to use as well if needed for future Army lists.
Added some paint to one of the built-but-not-painted Raptor squads.
I used the red accents on the weapons with one of my Havoc units and liked it, so tried the same again here. Not sure I like it as much. They just feel quite busy.
When edge highlighting I went a shade lighter than normal and didn’t like the outcome. In the end I toned it down with a couple of basecoat washes.
Still need to do some talon equipped breatheren. Next time I do jumpy dudes it’s happening!
I’ve a backlog of raptors assembled and waiting for paint. This unit was already assembled and painted as a unit of 8, yet was in need of a refresh.
Searched the bits box for the relevant parts and assembled the two missing squad members.
Pleased with how these came out and now thinking about converting a squad of the others into Warp Talons…
This has been sat almost-built and I painted waiting to be finished off for months!
These are the House Liagaun colours I came up with when I invented the household. They seem to have worked pretty well across the range of model sizes so far.
So that’s a pair complete, better get on with the bigger knights at some point…
Finished up the Breacher squad.
I bought a few more shields for converting some more in future, but a squad of 10 seems like a good starting point.
I reckon they work well with the Leviathans.
I’ve been working on the Nightlords Biker squad for a while now, they’re coming together…
As always seem to have a multitude of models on the go. They’re sitting at various stages of complete, but some need more work or motivation than others and get reprioritised in favour of something that’s a bit more inspiring.
I decided that I wanted some dedicated close combat terminators and as part of a job lot of figures ended up with some Cataphractii Terminators. These one are all equipped with a pair of lightning claws and in addition to these I’ve five chaos terminators who are going to get clawed up too. Plus I’ve started gathering bits for some thunder hammer and storm shield troops too.
Then there’s the Chaos Warhound Titan. The one that’s sat in a box under the table for months. That was sold as a complete finished model and arrived in bits. Well the new base for that is underway and I’ll start thinking about pinning and gluing it back together now. Just mulling over whether to magnetise the waist joint…
When you’ve been into 40k since the game came out and your engagement with the hobby has ebbed and flowed with time, you begin to forget what you read and when and indeed whether the memory of that was something that has been warped by the passage of time. Anyway at some point back in the day, I’m fairly sure that one of the traits of the Night Lords were plenty of jump pack equipped marines.
Having been slaughtered at the hands of some jumpy Ultramarines in Games Workshop Norwich in the late 1990s it was clear that I needed some, so I’ve gradually being amassing units. One was actually painted previously, but needs an overhaul and thus those below are the first unit. Yes, another ten man squad.
These came out of a job lot of figures I acquired and were preassembled and primed in chaos black. I liked the poses and the terror squad heads so they went straight to paint, no mods.
Five of the troops are equipped with chainswords and bolt pistols. I can live with that, there’s going to be plenty of variety so I can live without chainaxes on this occasion.
I’ve been feeling the need to have a go at weathering, so tried some on the chainsword bars. I used a dark purple and then two shades of silver. I think that the effect needs some more work, but it’s a start.
The other five troops in the unit carry power maces – not my power weapon of choice, these are not 40k monks or tech priests. That said, I will cast aside my ecclesiastical association with these weapons and hope they will be equally useful in smashing their way through armour.