After a fair bit of procrastination I finally finished the Bloodletters that I had been putting off for months. Quite enjoyed them once I got into it.
This was about adding a further 16 of these Lesser Daemons into the Khornate part of the army.
There was some repetition of model, but when I built them up I did try to avoid that and the effort seems to have paid off as they all look quite unique.
Amassed there are now 40 Bloodletters in total. I think that I have one of every model every produced, although not some of these that were available as parts of other kits or as Heralds of Khorne etc. Need to leave some room for expansion…
Need to work on some tactics to get this horde of trouble into close combat so they can do the business…
Lots of sharp things…
So now the Bloodletters are done, it’s time to get into the Flesh Hounds…
All of the Bloodletters had a good soak to get the old paint off. After that it was clean up time, removing casting flash and seam marks, pinning and gluing them together and basing them up.
A few repairs were needed and I had to scratch build and entire body for this one. They’re now all primed up and ready for paint.
I also bought a new base for this very classic Juggernaut figure:
Probably picked up some of these Bloodletters back in the mid-1980s. I think they’re just cracking figures. I’ve picked up all the different variants that have come out since but as I expand this unit including the new plastic ones which are the closest to the original ethic so far. When I saw these come up I. decided to pick up some more.
Paint looked nice from afar but was far from nice. I’ll not be winning a golden demon award anytime soon but I think I can do better than this:
Time for them to take a bath in acid. In the Warhammer universe they’d probably like that.