I’ve had one of every Bloodthirster model GW have made. This is my favourite to date.
Assembly wasn’t the nightmare I had feared and I left the armour off until everything else was painted.
Worked on the armour to try some metallic shades I had not used before. I am pleased with how they came out.
Might come back to the base. Not that happy with it…
Next up An’ggrath who has brought unfettered destruction to the Imperium, with countless worlds falling beneath his axe.
Traitor Marines with miniguns, just had to have them.
Even if the weapon stats are a bit naff, enjoyed painting these up.
I decided to increase the size of my Bloodletter units from 8 to 10. Having 40 means I can always have 5 squads of 8 if needed.
When the new ones turned up it became clear GW had rebased them all up from 25mm to 32mm. Sensible as they were pretty unstable on the small bases. But it meant I had 36 Bloodletters on the wrong bases sizes.
Rebased the lot. This time using some popin adapters that had been 3d printed – much better that the two part adapters I imported from the USA.
All done with movement trays and they came out well. I bought a Bloodmaster Herald of Khorne model too and freed up another older model to use as a Skulltaker. Gives me some options if I need to have a couple of characters to use as well if needed for future Army lists.
Added some paint to one of the built-but-not-painted Raptor squads.
I used the red accents on the weapons with one of my Havoc units and liked it, so tried the same again here. Not sure I like it as much. They just feel quite busy.
When edge highlighting I went a shade lighter than normal and didn’t like the outcome. In the end I toned it down with a couple of basecoat washes.
Still need to do some talon equipped breatheren. Next time I do jumpy dudes it’s happening!
Sprayed up and added basing materials to a couple of the movement trays. They work just fine for organising the troops so I am pretty happy with how they have turned out.
Will order a load more now!
After a little waiting, picked up the weapons upgrade sprues for Titanicus, we’ll give them a whirl in combat soon. There are two Warlords under construction so some of the armour variants can be tested out.
All my 40k figures are in a big storage display cabinet. I decided that organising them all would be easier with movement trays so found a supplier on eBay and bought some to try them out.
I’ve a backlog of raptors assembled and waiting for paint. This unit was already assembled and painted as a unit of 8, yet was in need of a refresh.
Searched the bits box for the relevant parts and assembled the two missing squad members.
Pleased with how these came out and now thinking about converting a squad of the others into Warp Talons…
This has been sat almost-built and I painted waiting to be finished off for months!
These are the House Liagaun colours I came up with when I invented the household. They seem to have worked pretty well across the range of model sizes so far.
So that’s a pair complete, better get on with the bigger knights at some point…
Finished up the Breacher squad.
I bought a few more shields for converting some more in future, but a squad of 10 seems like a good starting point.
I reckon they work well with the Leviathans.
I’ve been working on the Nightlords Biker squad for a while now, they’re coming together…