Bloodletters

I decided to increase the size of my Bloodletter units from 8 to 10. Having 40 means I can always have 5 squads of 8 if needed.

When the new ones turned up it became clear GW had rebased them all up from 25mm to 32mm. Sensible as they were pretty unstable on the small bases. But it meant I had 36 Bloodletters on the wrong bases sizes.

Rebased the lot. This time using some popin adapters that had been 3d printed – much better that the two part adapters I imported from the USA.

All done with movement trays and they came out well. I bought a Bloodmaster Herald of Khorne model too and freed up another older model to use as a Skulltaker. Gives me some options if I need to have a couple of characters to use as well if needed for future Army lists.

Raptors with Meltaguns

Added some paint to one of the built-but-not-painted Raptor squads.

I used the red accents on the weapons with one of my Havoc units and liked it, so tried the same again here. Not sure I like it as much. They just feel quite busy.

When edge highlighting I went a shade lighter than normal and didn’t like the outcome. In the end I toned it down with a couple of basecoat washes.

Still need to do some talon equipped breatheren. Next time I do jumpy dudes it’s happening!

Raptors Ancients

I’ve a backlog of raptors assembled and waiting for paint. This unit was already assembled and painted as a unit of 8, yet was in need of a refresh.

Searched the bits box for the relevant parts and assembled the two missing squad members.

Pleased with how these came out and now thinking about converting a squad of the others into Warp Talons…

Breacher Squad

Finished up the Breacher squad.

I bought a few more shields for converting some more in future, but a squad of 10 seems like a good starting point.

I reckon they work well with the Leviathans.

Work in Progress: August 2018

As always seem to have a multitude of models on the go. They’re sitting at various stages of complete, but some need more work or motivation than others and get reprioritised in favour of something that’s a bit more inspiring.

I decided that I wanted some dedicated close combat terminators and as part of a job lot of figures ended up with some Cataphractii Terminators. These one are all equipped with a pair of lightning claws and in addition to these I’ve five chaos terminators who are going to get clawed up too. Plus I’ve started gathering bits for some thunder hammer and storm shield troops too.

Then there’s the Chaos Warhound Titan. The one that’s sat in a box under the table for months. That was sold as a complete finished model and arrived in bits. Well the new base for that is underway and I’ll start thinking about pinning and gluing it back together now. Just mulling over whether to magnetise the waist joint…