So I’ve decided that I’ll do things a bit differently this year, part of which is cutting back on purchases and more time clearing the backlog. Yes… that’s been said by everyone and the plastic crack is a hard one to fight, but anyway that is the plan because there is quite a lot to do. Off the top of my head:
Night Lords 19th Company
- Finish the Fellblade – base coated
- Finish the 3rd Landraider – base coated
- Finish the trio of Vindicators – base coated and some with detail
- Finish the trio of Predators – built but base plastic
- Finish the Greater Possessed – Primer and some base coat
- Finish the 2nd Venom Crawler – Primer
- Rebase the existing Havocs
- Build more squads – making a number of custom ones from various acquired bits
- Interweave the 30 mark 4 armoured troops into the ranks – Base coated
- Paint the Stormhawk Interceptor
- Paint all the unpainted Warhammer Conquest Marines
- Paint the Crimson Spear Strike Battleforce boxed set contents
- Paint Mephiston
- Build the rest of the Shadowspear boxed set
Bad Moons Orks
- Paint the Armageddon Killa Cans and Deff Dread – half built and base coated
- Paint the Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun – primed
- Paint the other Mek – primed
- Build Ork Mek Boss Buzzgob
- Paint the Nobz in Power Armour – primed
- Build the Stormboyz
- Finish the Scorcha Squad – almost done!
- Finish the Burna-Bomba – built but base plastic
- Finish the terminators – painting and basing onto 40mm
- Finish the genestealers – half painted
- Build the terrain from Gregster’s Lab
- Build some ruins from the cast parts
- Paint the Forgeworld Scenery
- Finish the Warlord and Reaver Weapons
- Build some buildings from cast Sector Imperialis parts
- Build some mountains
I bought some more of the Epic Armageddon ruins and with silicon moulds and epoxy resin cast some up to create more modular ruins from Adeptus Titanicus building on the earlier ones.
On a recommendation from Luke Fellows at Luke’s APS of YouTube fame, I placed an order with CFS. It arrived within 12 hours which is fantastic service. It turns out 1kg of 25 shore RTV Silicon only makes a few moulds as building sections take a lot of it, and I learned quite a bit in the process, mostly with parts floating up as the silicon set, needing a bit of experimentation with getting them to stick to the ceramic tile. Hot glue gun failed. Plasticene worked. I had plenty of resin, so once I had good moulds, casting lot’s of sections wasn’t an issue.
The brittle nature of the resin worked well for shattered stone work. Cast it, then break with your fingers. I did think I might need to use a rubber mallet and a block of wood, but didn’t need to in the end.
Bit more work needed to perfect the casting techniques, but I am happy with the first experiments. Oh, I should point out all of the windows needed cutting out using a needle point tungsten carbide bit in the Dremel. Wear a high grade dust mask filter like this JSP one which is my preferred choice.
So I bought these for terrain from eBay but was disappointed with the finish. They were very badly cast and in the end I received a decent partial refund.
Much action with the Dremel and they came out passable as ruins.
I decided that I wanted to be able to make them a bit more versatile so made up some ruins that can be run stand alone…
…or as ruined upper floors.
I think that they came out okay.
Now it’s time to start playing some more games!
I am now working on an industrial zone complex. Lots of home made buildings here.
I have some nice ideas about how to make some unique bespoke terrain so will look to progress over the months ahead with some more builds.
Last year I invested as part of the community in an Indiegogo campaign to create some more scenery compatible with Adeptus Titanicus. I’d bought some of Gregster’s Lab stuff previously and really liked it.
Several months later everything is cast and the order has landed. May the building and painting begin! Here’s an unboxing video
Respect to GW for mimicking the original Adeptus Titanicus Warlord heads and making them available. Truth be told I think they look terrible. On that basis decided to try and make one look better and made this. Work in progress…
Sprayed up and added basing materials to a couple of the movement trays. They work just fine for organising the troops so I am pretty happy with how they have turned out.
Will order a load more now!
After a little waiting, picked up the weapons upgrade sprues for Titanicus, we’ll give them a whirl in combat soon. There are two Warlords under construction so some of the armour variants can be tested out.
All my 40k figures are in a big storage display cabinet. I decided that organising them all would be easier with movement trays so found a supplier on eBay and bought some to try them out.
Nameplates added to the platform building I started months ago
Bit of finishing off work still to do…
Started work on some new terrain for Adeptus Titanicus.
My Versatile Terrain name plates that I ordered before Christmas came in today. Looks like production has caught up with the backlog.