Corvus: Work in Progress

Having cleaned up one of the Corvus Pattern troops I set about working out what was necessary to scale a model up to be comparable to the newer models. The body is about the same but the legs are shorter so I decided that that making the feet bigger by adding soles using correlated plasticard (~2mm) and adding a little to the waist (~1mm) seemed to do the trick. In the case below I also modded the leg positions from the crouched forms out of the early legs had.

Arms on these early figures used a form of ball and socket type join and to fit more modern arms the body needs the ball joints chopping off the problem with this can be that the arms are too close together to grip a modern bolder so make sure you’ve tried that before gluing them on. Mine needed pinning and some green stuff.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.